With the exception of “guest posts” written by individuals not affiliated with manbuilders.com, Joshua Kissee shall own the content on this Web site. All content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States. You are ENCOURAGED to share this material to help promote raising boys in a strategic way provided that you:
- Attribute the work to Manbuilders.com.
- Do not use it for commercial purposes.
- Follow the Creative Commons license guidelines.
Without the Permission of Manbuilders
You may do the following without having contacted Manbuilders:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for non-commercial distribution within your church, small group, class, organization, or other environments where you desire to promote raising boys provided that you included the following text: “© 2012, Manbuilders.Com. All rights reserved under the Creative Commons ShareAlike 3.0 License. Originally published at www.manbuilders.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent (via email to notanexpert [at] manbuilders [dot] com) to do any of the following:
- Re-publish in print or electronic form this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of manbuilders.com content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work without crediting manbuilders.com and clearly noting the original versus the new content.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. The manbuilders.com website would be penalized by search engines for publishing duplicate content.
In addition, I do not allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages beyond English. There is no one available at present to accurately review the translation with quality precision. If you wish to convert to Spanish, there are some resources available and I will take those on a case by case basis.
If you have some use for manbuilders.com content that was not mentioned, please write to notanexpert [at] manbuilders [dot] com.
Thanks for playing fair!
Yes, we do accept guest posts.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The aforementioned guidelines do not apply to their work whatsoever. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing the content of any guest blogger, you must contact them directly as found via their contact information within the post. Manbuilders.com does not act or serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
What kind of content do you accept?
Anything that is useful for teaching your son may be content for a guest post here. It can be related to character development, physical skills, sporting skills, intellectual skills, adulthood skills, and so on. It can also be derived from your own personal experiences as a parent. We like to hear of failures as well, since we can learn so much from those. There is no minimum length for your post, but usually the guest posts have over 300 words.
We absolutely do not accept any content that uses curse words, references to sexual activity, political commentary or opinions, or racial slurs. It should pass the smell test. Basically, is it helpful? Does it seek to build up your or another person’s son? Would you be willing to stand in front of a public audience and defend it in good conscience?
- Your post must be original (it has never been published before on the Internet).
- You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs). While the copyright to the content remains yours, it will only be displayed on manbuilders.com.
- You can include two links in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post with your contact information and bio if desired.
- Please format your guest post as an HTML document, to allow for copy and pasting into the WordPress HTML editor.
- Use H4 or H5 tags for sub-headings.
- Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website already formatted (do not spam keywords or add any text that would attempt to manipulate search engines).
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me on the email notanexpert [at] manbuilders [dot] com. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as an attachment that in a common format such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, or .rtf.
I check and respond to all guest post submissions at least 2-3 times a month, so it may take up to 1-2 weeks before I get back to you. This doesn’t mean I have rejected your post, and even in the case of rejection you should get an answer from me, explaining the reason.